Sunday 27 January 2013

Little, charming antique shop in Toruń








It was really hot (boiling hot, I should say). 
I belonged to those daring (reckless) people who went out on a steaming asphalt. 
My intentions were pure- I wanted to discover Toruń- one of the most charming towns in Poland. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong time- the end of  July, which is probably the hottest month in this country. Despite those circumstances I was able to learn something:
Toruń (also: Thorn, Thorunia, Torunium)  is one of the oldest towns in Poland. 
It has a really gripping history and traditions. The most worth visiting is the main square with its surroundings (Old City Town Hall, Gingerbread Museum,  
Centre of Contemporary Art "Znaki Czasu", Nicolaus Copernicus House, Astronomy Observatory)
If You are intrigued to know more, Visit Toruń or just wait for the next post:)

The pictures above have been taken inside one of those lovely junk shops in the centre of the town 
(1., 3., 4., 6.) and Old City Town Hall (2., 5.). 
A bit of art (and air-conditioning) saved me from an impact of blistering heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment