Saturday 28 September 2013

Shopping madness in FORUM







Today me and my friends- fabulous gingerNaya and awesome Mary went shopping. But it wasn't a normal, weekly shopping- it was: SHOWROOM.PL x KRAKÓW OFFLINE SALE.
SHWRM is a website gathering many great young Polish designers like Lana Nguyen. We were really lucky to meet her in person. GingerNaya even bought a T-shirt with a print: 'stressed. depressed. but well dressed' designed by her! 
I managed to buy a baseball jacket from NinetyEight Clothing ;)
I'm really happy but I regret one thing- that I couldn't make an interview with all those designers. I'm sure they'd have a lot of interesting things to say... Maybe next year I'll have the opportunity to do that.

Anyway, the event took place in a very interesting and controversial place- FORUM Przestrzenie. It was a hotel till 2002 when the foundations started getting wet. In 2010 the car park and shops in the basement were flooded. Yep. Right now the main function of the building is being the longest billboard in Poland. In its parts where the water hasn't come yet and the ceiling hasn't fallen down, You can sit and relax while having a tea, coffee, lemonade, whatever. It's enough to say that the atmosphere is really cosmopolitan and artistic at the same time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment