Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas Spirit. Expectations vs. Reality

Every year we have certain expectations towards Christmas. It's nothing strange since it's a very special time of the year when we not only share gifts and wishes but also spend more time than usually with our loved ones. We decorate the house, cook delicious meals, go shopping, prepare beautiful gifts. The crowning achievement is a dinner party, when we sit and enjoy each other's company. At least that's how it's supposed to look like. The fact is that usually many things are far from perfect. Check out my "Expectations vs. reality" compilation and try not to draw any conclusions from it. Just sit back, relax and enjoy.

1. Christmas tree

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY


2. Christmas presents

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY



3. Christmas fashion

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY


3. Christmas photoshoot

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY


4. Christmas food

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY


5. Christmas carol singers

EXPECTATIONS



REALITY



6. Christmas scenery

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY


7. Christmas cards

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY


8. Christmas dinner party

EXPECTATIONS


REALITY



I guess this pictures pretty much sum up my annual Christmas celebration. Sometimes the expectations are fulfilled, sometimes the reality is brutal and I have to accept it. Well, when I think of it more thoroughly, I can't think of any tasteless Christmas dishes or inappropriate Christmas cards. The only thing that could be improved is probably the scenery which 'failed permanently' when it comes to Christmas atmosphere. We usually have no snow and when we have, it instantly blocks the street or, what's even worse, turns into mud. 

Anyways, Christmas is not about complaining. It's about love, joy and forgiveness. Let me wish you all the best for this year's Christmas. Try to have this quote by Charles Dickens in mind: “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” 



I don't claim the ownership of these pictures. They were found in the Google search. If you feel in any way offended, don't hestitate to contact me and I'll delete them from this post as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment